teeth

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
summerwave
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

butter oil

Post by summerwave »

yes; you should do what feels right; did not mean to put your habits under the microscope....

The Caribbean indeed seems tempting to me; we all need sunshine....
fictor

Re: butter oil

Post by fictor »

summerwave wrote:yes; you should do what feels right; did not mean to put your habits under the microscope....
No harm done :) Everyone should get their habits put under the
microscope!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

fictor wrote:I will keep doing it for now, but in the future, if my skin allows me to eat more eggs, fish, meat, shellfish etc. I will discontinue all dairy. Until then, some butter oil and cod liver oil will be part of my diet.
What if the oils prevent that? ;)
fictor

Post by fictor »

Oscar wrote:
fictor wrote:I will keep doing it for now, but in the future, if my skin allows me to eat more eggs, fish, meat, shellfish etc. I will discontinue all dairy. Until then, some butter oil and cod liver oil will be part of my diet.
What if the oils prevent that? ;)
How would they do that?

Raw cod liver oil probably would not cause acne in any case, and
butter oil contains no protein what so ever.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If you're sure the cod liver oil is raw and the fats in the butter are healthy (raw) fats, then it should be fine. I'm not really sure about the influence of trans-fats (and oxysterols for that matter) on acne, so I'm mostly talking from a general health perspective.
summerwave

sunshine

Post by summerwave »

Fictor, did you get some rays yet?

8)

There was a brief warmup here and I went out walking for hours.

Sunshine is, well, delicious...
fictor

Post by fictor »

Not much rays here yet, I am afraid. Some though, and I am
considering to do some short time tanning bed tanning again soon.

Teeth seems ok, but not all good. I have a new dentist appointment in May.
We'll see what he says...
summerwave

rays

Post by summerwave »

Enjoy whatever rays you can....

Take care of yourself :)
fictor

Post by fictor »

I will, thank you :)
summerwave

sunshine

Post by summerwave »

I have been walking in the afternoons more and more, especially at the noontime lunch hour (sun highest in the sky)...

I feel better and better, even though I was already trying to get out in the sun at least 90 mins./day, even in the colder weather.

It is critical to the body to have sunshine; there is no way around it.

Often we are in a rush and the imperative to just "get sunshine"--without accomplishing anything other than that-- seems something we can do without. Certainly there is no way to rush it.

But like sleep, it is necessary. There are no shortcuts.

8) I like to exercise in a pool but on days when it is sunny-- even though very cold-- it seems a waste to be indoors. So I go to the pool hours when it is open after dark, or in the very early morning before sunrise. It really makes me feel so wonderful to get sun. My teeth have been fine; I also follow everything you are doing, Fictor, with Toothsoap, minimal abrasion of teeth, flossing, and no fluoride or glycerin. I think Vit. D is very important to the teeth.

If you want to pay less for the butter oil, you can try ghee (Purity Farms brand in the U.S. is good: no oxidized cholesterol). It has just a little more water content than butter oil, but is otherwise the same. It is much cheaper to take it in this way than to order the butter oil from the Weston Price nutritional websites.
fictor

Re: sunshine

Post by fictor »

summerwave wrote: If you want to pay less for the butter oil, you can try ghee (Purity Farms brand in the U.S. is good: no oxidized cholesterol). It has just a little more water content than butter oil, but is otherwise the same. It is much cheaper to take it in this way than to order the butter oil from the Weston Price nutritional websites.
Thank you for the tip, summerwave!

:)
summerwave

sun

Post by summerwave »

I went to Puerto Rico; it was timeless and divine...

Sunshine/juice/time to oneself= Complete Happiness
fictor

Post by fictor »

That sounds sooo nice! :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

:D
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Oscar wrote:I'd suggest stop using toothpaste, and not to brush teeth too soon after eating something.
How long after eating, should I brush? Whatever the food we eat, it's the same length?

avalon wrote:I found this as an example:
Tooth-friendly foods and drinks:
* Don't have lots of snacks between meals, especially ones that contain sugars and acids. These cause plaque to build up on teeth, which can cause tooth decay.
So many meals/snacks are bad for teeth or not?

spring wrote:Also I need to stay away from fresh raw pineapple because they have the fiber problem (of getting stuck in the teeth) and the digestive enzymes problem.
What's wrong with the digestive enzyme of the pineapple?

Why did you say its good to clean before food in the morning? Does this include before juice as well?
Oscar wrote:As soon as you ingest food, the pH in your mouth drops, and enamel will start to demineralize. Brushing can do more damage then, because the enamel is softer. After a night's sleep the enamel will have had time to remineralize and will be at its hardest.
But why brushing before eating? Teeth are clean, we don't need to clean them?

-About baking soda, on wikipedia, they say it's used as a whitening agent? So is that really good for teeth as a toothpaste?